Summer Energy Saving Tips for Businesses
Here are some energy saving tips that could help your business save on your energy expenses during the summer and all year round.
- Lower the power saving settings on your computer.
- Powersave enable your computer monitors, not just screensaver.
- Consider having employees use lap top computers since they use up to 90 percent less energy than a standard computer.
- Turn off your computers and any other office equipment when you’re not using them, especially overnight and weekends.
- Replace your incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent lights.
- A compact fluorescent light uses 75% less electricity to produce the same amount of light as an incandescent bulb.
- Use task lighting instead of overhead lighting, and light only those areas that are needed at the time.
- Use a programmable thermostat and make it easy to adjust the settings as well as regulate the temperature when you are closed to avoid unnecessary heating and cooling costs.
- Programmable thermostats allow you to set the temperatures in your building according to various different factors.
- The thermostat’s settings can be programmed so temperature changes can be repeated each day/week or you can override the programming when desired and set the temperature manually.
- Locating your window air conditioner on the shady side of the building will help it operate more efficiently and save energy.
- Lower your water heater temperature; this could save you 15% of your water heating energy.
- To be as energy efficient as possible, only buy office equipment that displays the ENERGYSTAR logo.