How To Generate More Action From Your Website
Each page of your website should have a clear goal or purpose, what is it that the visitor should do next? A great way to guide this process is by using a “call to action” this is a statement that tells the reader what to do next. Examples of these: Click here to book an appointment, download the eBook, signup for our newsletter, check our rates. This path should help your website visitors find what they are looking for and lead them to the ultimate destination, doing business with your company.
- The call to action has to make sense for the web page and give the user a reason to follow the instructions. Your web page should identify the problem or question they have and the call to action offers a solution.
- Location , location, location. Be sure to place your call to action above the fold (the part of the page that displays without scrolling down). Studies show that web users spend 80% of their time looking at information above the fold, so be sure your website visitors see your call to action as soon as they land on the page.
- Make your call to action stand out, by using a contrasting color, white space around it to draw attention to it or by making it into a graphic rather than plain text. Call attention by making the call to action a button, a banner or a graphic with motion.
- Give them a reason to act now! Create a sense of urgency, use words like today, now, short time only. If they don’t feel compelled to do it now they will put it off until tomorrow or indefinitely.
- Follow it up! Once the caller does respond to your call to action be sure to follow it up as soon as possible. A recent study shows that 78% of sales that start with a web inquiry are won by the first company that responds.
Encore Solutions provides live website reception for business! Visitors to your website can speak to a live representative 24/7 through our click to talk or 1 800 number service. Prompt follow up on web inquiries increases your company’s opportunities for new revenue.