The Going Green Program
Encore TeleSolutions has included becoming more environmentally friendly as one of its corporate goals this year… below are some of the initiatives and goals we have set for ourselves to contribute to a better more environmentally conscious office.
Encore TeleSolutions Going Green!
Encore TeleSolutions has included becoming more environmentally friendly as one of its corporate goals this year. All of our staff are involved in coming up with ideas to make our work place more environmentally friendly. Some suggestions are easy to implement such as changing light bulbs to energy saving ones, other steps will take more involved implementation. Here are our first 10 ideas.
- Increase the number of items going into recycling (post a list of what is recyclable)
- Change light bulbs to energy saving ones.
- Turn off unnecessary lighting in the day time.
- Turn off computers when not in use.
- Use green cleaning products.
- Recycle printer cartridges.
- Use products made from recycled material (paper towel, printer paper).
- Use travel mugs when getting take out Tim Hortons.
- Purchase and use recyclable batteries for office use.
- Get a compost collector for the office kitchen (will implement this once commercial pick up includes organics).
An energy audit of the building was done to see how we could improve the energy consumption of our building, as a result of this audit:
- Upgraded our furnace from a forced air electric to a gas furnace using much less energy to produce the same amount of heat.
- Upgraded our insulation in the roof and attic from wood chips (R factor 0-5) and fiberglass (R factor 12) to 4 inch foam between the rafters (R factor 26) and cellulose in the attic space (R factor 40).
- Our 40 gallon hot water heater circa 1985 has been replaced with a cute little 5 gallon which now lives under the sink in the bathroom, much closer to where it is needed. (bonus as less water is used waiting for it to get warm)
- Weather stripping has been improved around the outside doors to decrease drafts.
We are now working on many other small improvements such as:
- Filling small cracks around windows and baseboards with caulking.
- Draft proofing all plugs on outside walls.
- Spray foaming anywhere cold air can sneak into the building – anywhere wires or pipes come into or out of the building.
We are continuing to look for ways to conduct business in a more environmentally friendly way. We will keep you posted on our progress through this web page, please visit us again, suggestions are welcome!