10 Green Christmas Gift Ideas for The Holidays!
How can you make the holiday season more sustainable for friends and family? Here are some green, eco-friendly gift ideas, remember to get off to a good start by taking your reusable shopping bags with you when you are in your favourite stores!
- Rolled Beeswax Candles (Homemade)
Forget petroleum, save some money, and make your friends and family home made beeswax candles. They look and smell great – and are a fun craft project for the family. –https://www.favecrafts.com/Candles-Soap/Rolled-Beeswax-Candles
- Create a repurposed fashionable dress for girls out of Over-sized Men’s shirts.
Save money and reuse materials by creating a dress for your children, mothers, nieces and friends by using an over-sized men’s shirt (choose a pattern of your choice!)https://www.favecrafts.com/Clothing/Turn-a-Shirt-into-a-Girly-Dress
- The Gift of Food this Holiday Season!
Spend a day in the kitchen, baking sweets and candy for both kids and adults. You will find some great ideas in Mrs. Clauses Cookbook
- Night at the Movies
Tuck gift certificates (2 or more) from a local cinema into the stockings of your loved ones, include a popcorn and beverage voucher, so that your loved one can go see a film for Christmas with a friend or significant other!
- If a gift requires batteries this season, purchase rechargeable batteries!
- Use your creative talents this holiday season and make custom Christmas gifts, such as a poem, a family scrap book, or home décor such as curtains or wall art! Looking for great presents to create with kids? Try The Creative Café , a paint your own pottery studio or Four Cats Studio for creative projects.
- Need a gift for a Senior? A gift certificate for a service such as a massage, foot care or a fitness class will help them feel great!
- Teen gifts that don’t involve screens – give the gift of an experience. Let them try out Scuba Diving with a “Discover Scuba Experience” or a “Snow Boarding Lesson “
- Looking for creative ways to green your gift wrapping this year? There are plenty of eco-friendly methods for using things you have on hand as gift wrap. Check out this link for many awesome ideas.
- Replacing your outdoor holiday lights? – think solar. For Reviews, Articles & Info for Solar Powered Christmas Lights click here.
What eco-friendly ideas will you be trying this winter season!? Let us know on twitter and facebook!
Happy Holidays! Encore TeleSolutions